There are many choices when you are exploring design ideas to build a retaining wall. Retaining walls can be built with rocks, boulders, pavers, concrete blocks, poured concrete, or treated timbers. Contact our design professionals to discover your options to create a beautiful and solid structure.
Landworks can assist you in designing and installing a solid retaining wall with character and harmony with your home. In general, retaining walls are used when one area of ground is at a different height than an adjacent area of ground, and the slope between them is too steep to be stable on its own. A retaining wall is used to hold the slope in place, support the higher level of ground, and in many cases can be created to display a landscaping bed full of colorful trees, shrubs and flowers.
Landworks has proudly served the Kansas City community since 1995. We are trained and certified…We have a Landscape Industry Certified Manager and 3 Landscape Industry Certified Technicians on staff to oversee your project from the beginning phases of the design process and continuing through the installation phase.
Landworks Retaining Wall Design Checklist
Proper design and installation of a retaining wall is a MUST. Before Landworks begins any design, we make sure to keep in mind the following areas for long lasting beauty and durability.
- Location, height, length & grading
- Existing structures (house/trees) and utilities in the area of the wall
- Location and type of loads above the wall
- Water in and around area. We include proper drainage to lead water away from wall
- Selection and placement of vegetation
- Selection of wall product…there are many sizes and shapes to choose from
- Review manufactures recommendations for the product you wish to use
The success of any installation depends on careful planning, quality materials and proper construction techniques.
Please visit our FAQ for information on other popular questions.
Find us Online